It is great news that you guys are engaged and planning to have your wedding soon. If you are having your wedding within the next 9 months, you must have started the preparation. However, there is a thing that you have to book as early as possible. It is hiring a wedding band for the day. So, how are you going to hire a wedding band? Don’t worry! We will help you with this topic. You can continue reading this article to find some amazing tips to hire a wedding band.
However, before hiring a live-performing wedding band, you can use the band at your wedding party. In other words, you need to make up your mind on how you are going to use them to have an amazing party night. You should discuss it with your partner and make things clear. Then, later on, you can discuss it with the wedding band while you hire them. After you decide on these things, you should start looking for a wedding band to hire.
But how do you find and book a wedding band for the biggest day of your life? Rustic Canyon Music offers experienced artists who go to different cities in Los Angeles to make the wedding day even more special for the couple. So, whether you are from San Diego, Orange County, or Santa Monica, you can easily hire some professional musicians for the day.
How to hire a wedding band?
No wonder that you are worried about hiring a wedding band to make the day memorable. However, having a live band performing at your wedding will seem all worth the trouble when you see them perform. Don’t you think so? For now, just focus on finding the right band for the biggest day of your life.
Here are some tips on how to hire a wedding band to turn your reception into an unforgettable night.
Do your research:
As you begin with your research, think about the parties or weddings you have attended. You must have seen live musicians performing at several parties. So, you can ask those party hosts about the bands that performed at their parties. Other than that, you can rely on the internet to find the ideal wedding band. However, if you search that on the internet, you will find numerous wedding bands. To find the right band, you can visit their website. On their website, you will definitely find reviews and ratings about the band. You can refer to reviews given to them by their old clients. This will help you understand whether the band is worth hiring for your wedding or not.
For example, if you go to the review section of Rustic Canyon Music, you will find reviews like the following:
- “We could not have been happier with Jory’s performance at our wedding. He was just what we wanted. His music made our wedding just that much more wonderful. I would recommend him ANY TIME to anyone. Thank you and Thank you, Jory.”
- “My husband and I got married in our back yard and Jory played from the pre-reception time, into our ceremony (“Somewhere Over The Rainbow”), through cocktail hour into dinner. His music was eclectic, beautiful, just the right ebb and flow of upbeat and slow. Jory was completely reliable, brought all his own equipment/set up before the guests arrived, charged a very reasonable rate, and made a significant contribution to the beauty of our day. And he’s a really sweet guy!”
Conduct a casual interview session:
This is another amazing way to help you when you wonder about how to hire a wedding band. Of course, you will find the contact details of a few wedding bands on the internet. You can contact them and book an appointment with them. While meeting the band members, you can casually ask them some questions. For example, you can ask them the following questions.
- What are the band’s favorite songs to perform?
- What type of wardrobe do you wear to perform?
- How many breaks will the band take and what will play when they’re on a break?
- How many singers and instruments are available?
- How many hours are included and what are your costs? Are there overtime fees?
- What’s your playlist? Will you work with us on the song list?
- Do you provide ceremony and cocktail hour music?
- Do you perform at more than one event a day?
- Do you have any specialty or a specific type of song your band can play?
You can also ask other questions that you might want to ask them. The answers that you receive will help you decide which band will be the best for you. So, you can rely on this method as well while searching for the perfect band for your wedding party.
Choose a loose playlist – but trust your wedding band.
This should be the last step of your wedding band searching process. After you finalize the band you want to go for, you can discuss this thing with the band. Since the band, you have hired, has years of experience in performing at weddings, you can have trust in them. They know what to play when and how to create moments at the wedding party. However, if you want them to play songs of your choice, discuss that with them as well. Also, you can consider the following songs for your wedding party. Have a look at them:
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Come Away With Me – Norah Jones
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- From This Moment On – Shania Twain
- It’s a Wonderful Time For Love – Norah Jones
- I Don’t Know What Love Is – Lady Gaga
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
So, instead of worrying too much about “how to hire a wedding band”, follow the above points. By doing so, you will find an ideal wedding band for your big day. Good luck!